Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving From Day / Night Rate to a Flat 24 Hour Rate

Options
  • 16-03-2024 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭

I have a recently fitted Smartmeter on a non-smart Day/Night tariff.

My contract is up in a few weeks. Can I switch to a flat 24 Hour rate?

Can the switch be done remotely, or do they have call out and manually reprogram the meter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭swampy353

From my experience, once you have a smart meter it prevents you from having a flat rate tarrif.

The meter reports back usage to base every 30 min, so there is no reprogramming required. Your electricity company, take the time stamped usage and then apply to appropriate rate to that segment of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭JVince

Electric Ireland and the others have a 24hr rate available to smart meter customers.

I think initially for a few months the companies did not offer a 24hr rate, but this changed a long time ago but people tend not to update the narrative especially those who have been against smart meters / 5g / wind power / solar power / earth is flat / COVID didn't happen etc etc

Advertisement