Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing Installation Issues. Your advise would be appreciated.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

After a morning of pretty incredible communication with this crowd, and the issues with SEAI, I have decided to name them. The company is

MOD SNIP Please refrain from naming them.

I have now referred them to SEAI and am taking advice from my solicitor. I have barred them from my home. In the meantime I have managed to get hold of a reputable plumber to come in and survey the job. I will decide how to proceed based on this.

I note some deeply worrying online reviews here. As some of you have said above, I should have been more diligent in booking these people. The fact that they were referred to me by my local boiler servicer who I have known for years kinda made me just trustful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭tphase

Mods,

This particular company is named elsewhere on boards.ie with poor reviews

MOD NOTE If you refer to them again you will be sanctioned. I'm only responsible for this small area of boards.

Post edited by Wearb on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Just for future information on above moderation. Boards will not put themselves into a position where they might be sued for facilitating the publishing of potentially libelous content. It might be different if a mentioned business had already been convicted in a court.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

RGI is tightly legislated but do Fcuk all to regulate. They’re an absolute shambles of an organisation these days.

OP, the expansion vessels are not upside down. That is the correct orientation. Red is too close to the floor.

what’s pressurising the hot water cylinder?

you should have told them where to put the timeclock but saying that, they should have asked.

I could nearly bet who the installers are on this job. Big company that send out installers is never the way to go. Nearly always cowboys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Seventy Plus

Do not pay them the balance

Spend whatever is required to put it right

If you expend more than the balance on putting it right

Sue them for the amount greater than the balance

Another complaint. I paid them for a full power flush of the radiators. They informed me that they carried this out on day 1. Yesterday, while removing a stud wall, I had to remove a rad. So I drained it down. When it was empty, I tipped it into a tray whereby it spewed thick black sludge.

And yet another complaint. It has been pointed out to me that the cylinder they installed is not a WellMaster. Joule make a Wellmaster cylinder that they specify for private well installations. Private well cylinder installations must be WellMaster otherwise they are not covered under warranty. So it looks like the cylinder will have to be replaced also. It just goes on and on. See page 2 below

https://www.jouleuk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/CYCLONE-INSTALL-MANUAL-01.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Just so we're clear, how was it suggested by them that they had fitted a Wellmaster Joule cylinder?

It wasn't, and they didn't. They knew that the job was private well fed. That was shown to them. My point is that they should have fitted a Joule Wellmaster. Instead they fitted a Joule Cyclone. I'm not a plumber. I don't know these things and rely on the experts to guide me. I just asked for a 250L Cylinder.

Quoted from Joule

Joule™ Cyclone
    The Joule™ Cyclone stainless steel vessel carries a fully transferable 25-year guarantee against
    faulty materials or manufacture provided that:
    • It has been installed in the United Kingdom
    or the Republic of Ireland as per the instructions provided in the installation manual
    provided with the cylinder and in accordance with all of the relevant standards,
    regulations and codes of practice in force
    at the time.
    • It has not been modified in any way, other
    than by Joule™
    • It has not been misused, tampered with or
    subjected to neglect.
    The system is fed from the public mains
    water supply
    • It has only been used for the storage of potable water.
    • It has not been subjected to frost damage.
    • The unit has been serviced annually.
    • The Service Log Book has been completed
    after each annual service.
    • The warranty card is filled in and a copy is
    sent by email to warranty@joule.ie

Joule™ Wellmaster
    The Joule™ Wellmaster stainless steel vessel carries a fully transferable 10-year guarantee against
    faulty materials or manufacture provided that:
    • It has been installed in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland as per the
    instruc- tions provided in the installation
    manual provided with the cylinder and in
    accord- ance with all of the relevant standards, regulations and codes of practice in
    force at the time.
    • It has not been modified in any way, other
    than by Joule™.
    • It has not been misused, tampered with or
    subjected to neglect.
    • It has only been used for the storage of potable water.
    • The sacrificial anode is removed for inspection within 3 months of the cylinder installation. If there are signs of corrosion on the
    anode it must be replaced.
    • A replacement schedule for the anode must
    be put in place based on the ndings of the
    initial 3 month inspection.
    • Maximum interval between anode inspections is 12 months.
    • The warranty card is filled in and a copy is
    sent by email to warranty@joule.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I see. Pure sham. I'm hoping that you're making progress on getting this properly resolved.

Advertisement