If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Av receiver

Options
  • 15-03-2024 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey Kenny/ lads.

I'll be in the market for a new receiver in the coming weeks...

I'm looking for you guys expert opinions first. The sony 1080 I got from you guys a few years back died and couldn't be fixed unfortunately...

My speaker layout is 5.1.2 at the minute and I tend to add another 2 heights shortly after the new receiver. Unsure if I'll ever add anymore surrounds to the setup!

Also 1 of my back surround cables is slightly short after custom wall was built, not ideal, but I tend to add a few feet to the short cable, as all cables where chased before we realised. So hoping the addon won't spoil the sound much? otherwise walls will need to be opened. (Cable type qed silver Ann xt )

Receiver.

My budget is around 1500 euros

The 1 receiver I keep coming back to is the onkyo rz50.. have you guys tried and test this? Opinions!

And which other receivers should I look at and why?

Looking forward to hearing your opinions guys

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,133 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks for the post tgsmokealot.

If you're looking to add on another pair of speakers for a 9 channel amp the Onkyo is definitely a good option. I haven't heard that particular amp running as we haven't had one in for display but I used to own an Onkyo myself and they're powerful amps with great sound.

Form what I've heard in store though I still favour the Denons as they're a bit more refined. The AVCX4800 is an amazing 9 channel amplifier, we have it set up in our demo room and they blow the majority of amps away:

Please don't hesiate to drop us a post if you'd like to go with either of those!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tgsmokealot

Thanks David.. I Kinda by passed the denons because the onkyo has Dirac free...and love to try it....

If only sony brought there middle tier to Europe id love to hear the latest 3d sound.i would have just went with sony, but not to be!

I'll check our the reviews with the denon before I buy

Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 17,133 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

No problem tgsmokealot,

The Denons do have Dirac but I believe you have to pay extra for it!

I was still very impressed by my Onkyo so it'll be a great amp to go for but I do think the AVCX4800 has a great sound.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.