Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New saddle required

Options
  • 14-03-2024 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I'm running a Colnago Active Plus and desperately need to replace the saddle. I've never actually replaced one before so can anyone give me suggestions on a really comfortable saddle? I had a look on Chain Reaction and there is some great value Fizik models but just not sure whats best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Saddles are a very personal thing as everyone is built slightly differently so it's a bit like looking for a recommendation for a new pair of shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

is it that your current saddle is broken or uncomfortable?

i use specialized body geometry saddles which I find great. But saddles come in different widths and variations so it’s a bit of a guessing game when going for a new one as to what works for you.

There were some Selle Italia SLR saddles in the adverts section here recently which are also very well regarded

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I have spoken with a few lads recently who have found exceptional comfort with saddles around 143mm width , 250mm length with a relief channel.

For myself this fit has solved 8 years of saddle troubles and made my training so much more comfortable.

As others said though saddles are a very personal things.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭The Macho Man

Uncomfortable. Its also starting to show its age. I did read elsewhere saddles are very much a specific thing to each person. I get that. I seen some people saying some manufacturers have an app for it too but am reluctant as these things can be really annoying and complicated to go through.

Good shout about the 143/250 size. Just looked at that on my measuring tape. I may take a trip to my LBS tomorrow to get their opinion but was interested to see the opinions here. It seems they're not a one fits all item. Which makes sense I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

Its very personal, I'm built long and skinny like a stick and any saddle wider than 135mm gives me awful saddle sores. I've probably tried 10 or 12 different saddles down the years and always go back to a 126mm wide Fizik Arione which fits me like a glove. Other lads in the club have tried an Arione and they say its like sitting on the pointy end of a picket fence for 3 hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement