Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creatine reloading

Options
  • 14-03-2024 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

The recommendation for creatine is that you undergo a "loading period" for 2-3 weeks to saturate your muscles. I had been taking creatine for a few months but then got sick and stopped taking any supplements for 3 weeks while I recovered. Now I'm wondering do I need to re-load again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

There is quite a "To Load or not to Load" debate out there. I have read a lot of it and ultimately I think there is not much difference either way. Really there is no "need" to load it at all. And a lot of people have been put off creatine because the initial loading upset their stomach badly so they stopped taking it entirely. Where if they had simply not loaded and gone with 3-5g from the outset they would still be on it today.

So ultimately I would say go with your gut. No pun intended. And if you really are undecided about whether to load or not to load then maybe come down in the middle by loading but not by much. If "loading" for you means 25g for awhile and then 5g after that - then you could simply change that 25 to 15 or 10.

I use it and personally I did not "load" and I use a slightly low end dose but the blood panel before I took it and the one a few months after I started taking it did show a significant increase in the CREA value. So it seems for me "loading" was not at all necessary.

EDIT: The Algorithm is clearly watching me as I almost instantly just got recommended this video after making this post!:

youtube.com/watch?v=STBA9Tj8Ltw

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Thanks very much, that's really helpful. My regular dose had been 3-5g and my "loading" dose was 10g so it seems like I was a long way off some of the loading doses others have used. I do have a sensitive stomach so I wouldn't even try to go as high as 25g. I think I'll just stick to a 3-5g dose

Advertisement