Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EWI Detail

Options
  • 14-03-2024 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I am planning on adding EWI as part of my house renovation. The house is a 1970s bungalow with cavity wall construction. The cavity has been pumped with insulation at some point in the past before we both it.

I have read in several places that the EWI should come up past the soffit and meet the attic insulation. The issue I have is that I won't be able to get these 2 layers of insulation to meet without blocking the ventilation at eaves level. The wallplate is sitting on the inside leaf of the wall rather than on the middle of a cavity closing block (there isn't one) which reduces the space for the insulation to extend.

My questions are:

1. Do insulate as much as I can and just accept that it is not perfect?
    2. Consider internal insulation rather than EWI?
    3. Something else. I am open to suggestions.

Comments

Advertisement