Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

87% of items in order now not in stock

Options
  • 14-03-2024 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭

hi all, I ordered a list of items and thought that the P&P was acceptable for that order (9% of total cost)

Just today I get a mail saying that only one-sixth of the order is being sent and they refunded the cost of the other items.

However, the P&P costs have now leaped to 38% of the order cost, so clearly the value that I saw is gone.

What's my best way forward here, as I presume I don't have to take the hit for their false sale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Depends on the return policy of where you bought from - if it’s outside Ireland forget consumer rights ,your at the mercy of the companies good will.

Post edited by thomas 123 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Cancel the order asap, return the goods and request a refund. i assume its not past 14 days since your ordered? still may get stiffed for the return costs and any extra you paid for expedited delivery. if you refuse.

bit of law

For goods bought at a distance (that is online, by phone or away from the business premises), you have the right to cancel your order within the cooling-off period (14 days from delivery) without having to give a reason. However, you may have to pay for the cost of returning the goods. Always check the returns policy before buying.

Where you use your right to cancel, you must be refunded for the full amount you paid, including the standard delivery costs to send the item to you. You are only entitled to a refund for standard delivery. If you chose to pay more for next day, express or nominated day delivery, the seller only has to refund you for standard delivery.

The trader must give you your refund within 14 days. The refund must be in the same form as the original payment unless you agree some other method. For example, if you originally paid in cash, you can insist on any refund also being in cash."

here is amazons policy - you dont say its amazon involved but give you a good idea of what you might be looking at.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=1161002

"If your return is not the result of an Amazon error, and you’re using a pre-paid return label, we’ll deduct the cost of the return from your refund. For returns from within the UK, costs start at £3.99. International return costs start at £8.09. "

Advertisement