Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower repair

Options
  • 14-03-2024 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi All

I have a Viking MT5112Z ride on mower and recently the blades stopped engaging. I started happening during my first cut where the blades would stop even though selected during the cut and then go back on again. But now it's not engaging at all.

I replaced the electro magnetic clutch/pto and still the blades won't engage.

Has anyone any ideas what it might be?

If not can someone recommend a lawnmower repair place in Cork? Are there any repair services that do call outs as I don't have a trailer or hitch on my car?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Geanys Brooklodge Glanmire do call outs afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Could be lots of things. I’d be looking for a faulty safety interlock switch or perhaps the on off switch itself. Are the fuses in near battery all ok ? Have you looked at the switch which verifies the grass box is in position. You could try and temporarily bypass it just for test purposes. Ideally test it with a multimeter. Same for on/off blade switch, check wiring and test continuity across switch. Less likely but worth checking is connections onto rear axle which tells mower it’s going forward if that is on your mower.

Advertisement