Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrival time at Cork airport for a 6.10am flight to Amsterdam

Options
  • 14-03-2024 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Will have to check in a bag too. The missus wants to be there at 4am, I said absolutely phec that.

Would 5am be alright? I'd say even that's too early.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,247 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What does the airline say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Timing belt

5am sounds about right. Drop bag off through security and have 40 mins contingency just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭cantalach

Caught that flight about a month ago on a Monday morning, which is apparently the busiest morning at Cork Airport. I had no checked bag, joined the security queue by 5:15, and still had lots of time. 5am is perfect with a 23kg bag for 2 days, including 10 pairs of shoes. 4am is crackers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I did the Friday version of that flight a few weeks ago, 5am is right. No need for that extra hour waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

5am is fine - but be IN THE TERMINAL at 5am, not in the car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

5am is absolutely fine. People overestimate how small Cork Airport is. You'll have the bags checked in and be through security waiting at the gate in less than 20 minutes. 30 minutes if it's busy.

Whenever I fly that early, I'm through the Airport door and arriving at the gate in less than 10 minutes, though that's with just a carry-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭notAMember

With some airlines you can check in your bag the night before also, if you're worried about that part. I usually get there at 5 / 5:15 ish and it is loads of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I used to take that flight regularly.

I was happiest walking up to check-in desk at 4am.

Gave loads of time to get rid of the bag, have something to eat and get through security without worry.

But that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Did the ORK - AMS trip and on to the US recently (as documented in the main Cork Airport thread). If you have any hint of an unusual itinerary (e.g., connecting with infants, connecting on with Delta) I would suggest sucking up getting up an hour earlier and getting into the airport @ 4am as opposed to @ 5am. We had issues with our tickets so needed the extra time between the issue itself, and doing security with all the baby gear etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Acosta

I'd be afraid to book Amsterdam with KLM, at this stage, as they cancel so many flights.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Just be advised that if you do go later and something untowards happens you'll never hear the end of it...

To be fair, if the 6am AMS flight is to be cancelled you should know the night before. It relies on the 9pm inbound flight from AMS the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭PreCocious

The cancellation can be very late. The last time we had it cancelled at 23:55 - weather was poor in Schiphol and it kept on being pushed back and back until it was cancelled.

The contact centre is closed at that stage so people needed to get to the airport early to plead their case (we were lucky and managed to book Aer Lingus as soon as we got the text).

Ah, I hear you. Gotcha.

When I took the flight last time, it was during the January storms and I was up the walls watching the night before flight trying to land.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭PreCocious

You and me brother !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭cantalach

I’m on the 7:20am Aer Lingus flight to LHR tomorrow morning, but travelling on an Air Canada codeshare ticket. The Air Canada app alerted me a short time ago to be at Cork Airport at 3:20am because I had to allow 4h for an international flight. You can only laugh.

Advertisement