Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUB T1 CT scanners

Options
  • 12-03-2024 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭

Travelling very light in August, will just have an under seat bag but want to bring a few 200ml bottles with me,

Is the fast track scanner in T1 one of the new type, (happy to pay) or if someone can guide me towards the lanes that have these in place please, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The left-hand lanes in both T1 and T2 have the new equipment. I'm not sure how many such lanes there are at this stage but that's a guide at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

I think most lanes in T2 have them now, certainly all the ones on the left side.

Even though they started with T1, progress seems to have slowed a lot there. I think only the left 2 or 3 lanes do. Definitely don't pay for fast track, I'm pretty sure that lane still has the old scanner, as of last month at least.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I went through T2 about 3 weeks back.

Had a "new scanner" and was in the 3rd or 4th lane from the left.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I thought the 100ml limit still applied, but you just didn't need to take it out of your luggage, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Officially it applies because they don't want everyone showing up with large liquids expecting to go through a new scanner. It would cause an absolute headache for the staff and create delays but if you do go through the new scanners there is no limit on the size of liquids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I think once your bag is fully closed, you’re ok

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

T1 is 2, 3 and 4. Bear in mind that your return airport may not have them so the large bottles may be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

The 100ml limit still applies, so go larger at your peril. If they see a significant amount of liquids on the scanner that look like they put you over the approx limit it'll be flagged for searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Also, at busy times staff can direct passengers to particular scanners, so it's not always in the passenger's hands which scanner they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

True, but every airport with half of the new scanners installed is preferentially putting passengers through the new scanners as they are so much better/faster/easier for everyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement