Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dealership dragging heals to fix suspension issue

Options
  • 12-03-2024 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

I have had the car about 8 months now, and having a "what sounds like a top mount" issue, could even be the hydro bushings. Now I brought this to their attention 5 months ago, and they took the car in(3 months ago) , check for noises, drove the car a lot, and send the sound recordings to Germany for evaluation. Not a peep from them in 3 months, nothing.

Now, last Tuesday I get an email from them, letting me know the car is due a service, I email back saying yes thats fine, and will they fix the suspension issues aswell....they never emailed me back.

What do I do in this case. Car is still under the year warranty, but they are doing nothing about fixing it. It's actually got so much worse then it was months ago when they last listened to it, and driving the car is less of a please than it was when I bought less than a year ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,693 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Did you ring them instead of emailing?

The email is probably an automatic one and I would doubt the email address is monitored. If it was from an actual person then I would pick up the phone and ring the person direct

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Update : Currently, my car is in the dealership since 19th March, awaiting repair. Only got a call during the week to say they are waiting on one more part to begin work.

I have been into the dealer 17 times since I bought the vehicle, with either really small problems, to suspension issues.

Honestly, since they have held the car for almost a month now, I have really lost faith in the car, and the dealership.

What should I do at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭drury..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Colliewollie

Mother of God. What make and model is it? What kind of driving are you doings with so many issues??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭elperello

They probably should have got the parts before bringing the car in.

Are you sure they didn't start and find more parts needed ?

Have they given you a loaner ?

You've gone this far wait and see the outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I've had two loan cars in the last 4 weeks from them, but the annoying thing is they SHOULD have got the parts first, and them I would have brought the car in to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭GavPJ

They've had the car since March 19th and are waiting on 1 more part BEFORE they start the work???

You have the patience of a Saint. I would be going pretty ap€ sh1t at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

They are making a fool out of you. Sent the sound recordings to Germany...... that's a new one.

You have basic suspension wear. An inspection on a lift will have this solved in 15 mins. Order part and job done.

They don't want to fix your car and at this stage, I'd suggest they won't fix your car.

Do not go to them for servicing as if this is their behaviour, the only thing they will be doing for the service is the invoice.

Take your car to another garage to have it diagnosed and quoted for the repair.

Advertisement