Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer interview Civil Service

Options
  • 11-03-2024 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

just looking for some feedback. I have an interview for temporary clerical officer position on Wednesday. I'm just wondering has anyone done the interview recently that could give me the types of questions they were asked? I know it's based on competencies and the STAR method. I just don't want to be putting pressure on myself trying to make examples for every question that might come up so if anyone could give me specific questions that were asked that would be great! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 eyeheartcapybara

Give me an example of where you went above and beyond for a customer,

give me an example of a situation where you had a troublesome colleague or customer and what you did

give an example of when you had to manage a lot of information

i can’t remember the rest of the questions. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mariahol

Great help thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I remember I got asked simular to the above and was also asked my greatest achievment or somrthing to that effect which I said building my own home which he trew a curve ball and asked what would I do differently or change .I just said I would start building earlier in the year and try to make te most of the summer weather to get as much of the job completed

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Pixielena

Hi, best of luck. I know a friend who got in last year. She was asked a time when she went above and beyond for customer, teamwork, resilience, dealing with a difficult customer. Then the usual why she wanted to leave her current job, tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, what you bring to the role. I have picked her brain because I am on 3 panels, but no interview yet. She said it was relaxed and the guy interviewing was lovely cause she soooo nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CiaraMG14

Hello, I have an interview tomorrow for a clerical officer role. It would be great if someone who has had an interview for this role could let me know what questions they were asked. Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 eyeheartcapybara

Just make sure you have one or two examples of the competencies and you'll do fine. They asked me about a difficult situation/customer at work

also when was there a time when you went above and beyond for a customer and describe that.

It's a very easy going interview, felt more like a chat, so don't worry

Advertisement