Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting heating zoned - can't use Hive anymore?

Options
  • 11-03-2024 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I'm getting the heating zoned shortly. The house is already piped for it. And I currently have Hive, one thermostat controlling the whole house. Had someone here on Friday about it and he said he could set up the zones and would install new thermostats, one upstairs and one down, as well as changing the valves on two of the radiators so that they couldn't be turned off individually. I asked if I could keep the Hive system, but he said it wouldn't work together with the new system. This seems strange to me, as surely if I was just getting Hive installed for the first time after getting the new thermostat put in for the zones, it could replace it? But I honestly don't know anything about heating, so maybe this is right? Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

Dunno much about heating myself but i have 3 heating zones in my house plus water and i've a hive thermostat for each zone so 3 all together.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

You just need a couple of more Hive thermostats, unless something has changed recently.

Get on the Hive website and perhaps they'd help.

This sounds like someone that just does a particular make and won't deviate.

I'm a bit like that with Hive, but have been willing to read myself into understanding whatever system a customer wanted...so long as they paid for the extra time it took me to install an unfamiliar system.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bonsai_73

Thanks for that. I wondered if that was the issue, that he just worked with one particular system and wasn't familiar with Hive.

Advertisement