Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a member of any online cliques?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

I’ve nothing against middle-aged men. It’s the sort of constantly irritable, contrary, “things were better in my day”, low libido, vaguely anti-women sort that hang around Twitter and so forth that I find very tiresome. It’s just one grey and gloopy mix of mediocrity. I think they all seem to imagine themselves as unique, non politically correct firebrands when their ten-a-penny conservative opinions are just like all the others. You’d wonder if the internet has affected them in some way?

Anyway, I was a guest of a member of a very exclusive golf club in Dublin earlier today. Now that’s a clique. You won’t be getting gauche new money sorts making it past the membership committee there. Class course in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,363 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Reads like some manner of internalized self loathing tbh.

Glazers Out!

Nah. I’m great and I love myself. Lucked out really. Good looking, great wife, stealing a living tbh, intelligent, witty, charming, liberal, open-minded, excellent head of hair. My only real flaws are I can be a touch blind to other people’s opinions, and I’m a thirsty fücker if I decide to go on the beer.

Post edited by Bobson Dugnutt on

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Watched part of a documentary on the free masons not so long ago - a complete borefest is what I concluded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I don't know, the poll here before the recent referendums was the only one close to being reflected in the actual result, that I saw anyway.

As one poster put it

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

I've subscribed on YouTube to a couple of dozen British, and Irish Model Railway Enthusiast channels and American model railroader channels in the rough ratio of 3:1:8. Approximately half of these channels are there for more recreational purposes aimed at a certain audience : I joined a livestream hosted by a US enthusiast last night and there was a lot of effing and blinding by the host including cursing about YouTube. The livestreams hosted by other Irish YouTubers than myself are keen to promote it in the family context primarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Please stop abusing other posters. It's a very bad reflection on your character.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

A lot of people with low self esteem tend to lash out at others like that. It's sad to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,870 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He’s the angriest middle aged man that I can see on boards. Seems to indulge in things that make him angry too. I know people like that in real life. God forbid they take a seat beside you in the local, early home time!

• Advertisement

Less of the bile and abuse please, chaps. Make your point without resorting to digs. Sort of proving my points tbh.

Wearing a great middle-aged male pallor apart from redness about the cheeks and with a very stale repetitive take on the world best confined to a session in Toners.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Toners is a great spot.

While I wouldn’t be into meeting up with any online groups, I would have a regular meet up with a few “movers and shakers” in Dublin.

Like IBEC, but for Media and Advertising sorts. Nothing official, obviously.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

And if you find someone like them on twitter, all they do is tweet and retweet about it. Their bios are just about that subject. It's a weird obsession. It's not even an interest, it's an obsession. If it was an interest there might be an occasional funny tweet of a cat, but no, every single tweet, retweet and reply is about the single subject of people called Joe.

Yes you remind me of Aidan Comerford, some random Irish dude, well a comedian/writer apparently, who's Twitter account has been for years singularly devoted to pro trans rights. Typically he posted several tweets a day, some very long winded going up to 12 tweets in one post, and he engaged in this for years every day of the week. Very odd indeed. Gone off it in recent weeks, I figure he had a mental breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Except there's a difference between an activist for a cause and some random twitter account. I believe the person you're referring to is actively involved in trans rights groups. I'd expect someone like that to be posting stuff like that. The same way I'd expect a climate activist to have nothing but climate tweets. The difference is that there are people who in real life are not part of any groups who online only post about anti trans stuff.

Even then , I do think it's weird that you went to find a thread about online cliques, just to start making accusations about someone who left twitter, to claim that they had a mental breakdown, just because you don't like them tweeting about pro trans stuff. And I find a quick search of your boards history shows that you've posted loads of anti trans stuff. Maybe you should take inspiration from Aidan Comerford and step away from the screen for a while.

Advertisement