Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight Loss Surgery

Options
  • 11-03-2024 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Hello all

Thanks for listening to this and I hope I can get some advice.

I had gastric sleeve surgery two years ago and I was down 33kg in the first few months, I've regained a lot and I'm now down only 22kg which admittedly has made my life/health so much better but I'm not where I want to be - by a long way (currently 120kg and ideally want to be 80kg)

I'm feeling like I did before the surgery - it rarely makes me feel full and I am concerned I've "stretched" what stomach is left.

My surgeon at the time was intending to perform a gastric bypass but had to switch to a sleeve during the op, but when I asked for this to restart weight loss, now doesn't want to know and suggested a prescription for weight loss injections - I'm not super keen and tbh supply issues are a concern.

Has anyone been through similar, or perhaps knows what to do next ? My GP tells me that there is only one surgeon in the country that I can be referred to - the one who already operated. I do find this very odd - I am with VHI and they told me of several bariatric surgeons that they cover - I don't know why the GP is saying this.

Would going to the North/UK be an option does anyone know ? I've not considered this before but I am getting to an age now where "if not now, never" - I'm early 50s.

Thank you to any and all who could offer advice/assistance.

Nutkin

Advertisement