Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRSA projections query

Options
  • 11-03-2024 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi all, can someone explain something to me before I get onto my provider? I got my statement of reasonable projection and need some help interpreting the figures. The projected fund value at retirement date is say c. €710,000 and then there's a 'what your pension fund could be worth at retirement' figure of say c. €330,000. What's the different between the figures? I have to say the discussion about 'current prices' in the letter is also confusing me. Any explanation welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask your adviser.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

How many years left to pay in? Maybe the higher figure could reflect what it might be if you continue with a certain pattern of contributions and projected growth or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭spitonmedickie

Will be asking my adviser but just wanted a quick sense check in case I was missing something. 25 years left so thought it might be if payments didn't increase to keep pace with the projected patterns of inflation but that doesn't seem to be it either

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭sonyvision

The bigger figure is more likely the value your fund could be worth at pure euro terms. The lower figure is probably what your future fund could be worth in today's money. For example, accounting for inflation €330k today might be €710k in 25 years.

Advertisement