Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringsend

Options
  • 11-03-2024 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭

I’m on the shortlist to rent a house on Ringsend Road opposite the Dublin Bus depot, near Shelbourne Park and the Aviva stadium.

Are there any bad points to this area? The location really suits my requirements but just nit too familiar with the area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

you'll be beaten to death by gangs of tracksuit clad youths every time you leave your house. on the plus side you have nice pubs like the yacht and the oarsman nearby and the city centre on your doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

I got a pretty bad hiding by a gang of aforementioned track suit clad youths on Saint Patrick's Day about 10 years back in Ringsend. However that was in Thorncastle Street in Ringsend village near the flats. You would always hear gangs of feral scrotes roaming around outside your window at night also. That said the beating was the only issue I had in two years domiciled there. I also knew others who lived there for years and had no issues.

The stretch near Shelbourne Park where your potential home will be, I would regard as being more in Grand Canal Dock rather than in Ringsend. That stretch would be much more gentrified/bourgeoise so would say you will probably be fine.

One plus for the Yacht, one of the best ale houses in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

Its been gentrified for a long time now, since the early 00s.

Although there's still lots of social housing around the area and also Pearse St and across the river.

Lived nearby and found it very quiet. It was included on the Deliveroo riders map of bad areas but I never saw any trouble.

Apparently the Irishtown House pub was wild enough back in the day.

Lots of good pubs and restaurants like the Yacht and Vintage Inn.

Colin Farrell has a house there.

Good parks, sports facilities, beach nearby.

Can walk into town.

The Glass Bottle Site development has finally started so that will bring more positive change.

It's probably one of the best areas in Dublin to live if you consider location, amenities etc. Sandymount village is nearby also, as well as Beggars Bush, Ballsbridge etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

One of the best places in Dublin to rent. Close to the city centre yet still has a village feel. Great community spirit and the locals are sound (you’ll get the odd scumbag everywhere). Good places to booze and eat. Nice walks, close to the sea, decent range of shops etc.

Rented there for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What’s the traffic noise like? Particularly at night? Does it bother you @Bobson Dugnutt @orangerhyme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ucsie

I lived around the corner for years, now live less than a 10min away. It's a great spot, everything you need is within walking distance.

The only possible issue there would be traffic noise. I would try to check how bad it is before moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The traffic noise is something I’m slightly concerned about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

I guess you'll have to check it out yourself.

If you're right on the main road then there'll be lots of buses and maybe trucks also.

Advertisement