Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving licence not certified

Options
  • 10-03-2024 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

I applied for a passport, went to Gardaí got all my signed everything that was required, showed I'd and supplied proof of address.

Today I got notification from the passport office that my drivers licence wasn't certified? What on earth dose that mean as it is not explained? How can I be driving with an uncertified licence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lgt

Is your driving licence out of date?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gooseyluck

No I only have it a year, full licence

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Did you use a photocopy of your driving licence with the application?

Did the garda sign and stamp the photo copy to state that it "Was a true copy of the original" (or words to that effect) ?

That's usually what needs to be done in situations where you provide a copy of an ID document........

While this is not directly related to your situation it isn't a million miles away.

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to-become-a-citizen/certifying-a-document/

I presented my licence (original) and the photocopy to him at the desk he filled the paper work stamped it and I posted it no idea what else I could do

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Did he stamp and sign the photocopy and write something along the lines of I certify this to be a true copy of the original or did he just stamp it?

• Advertisement

I have no idea, I had handed it over to him, he did whatever he did I got it back put it in the envelope and posted it, I didn't check it I assumed he knew what he was doing. I just got the email from passport office today and they don't have webchat available today so I'm at a total loss as to what they want. It's not like the Garda station is in the village anymore it's 40 mins away so it's a proper dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

Sounds he didn't write "I certify...." and sign it and add block capitals for his name.Stamp not legible? His number not beside his signature?

Thanks everyone, I'll try get some answers tomorrow. It's a pure pain after all this waiting luckily I wasn't going to anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

Post result from Passport Office when you get thru to them

Advertisement