Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new ride trek emonda sl7 2022

Options
  • 09-03-2024 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

I bought this today https://www.pennyfarthingcycles.com/bikes/road-bikes/2022-trek-emonda-sl-7-road-bike-in-mulsanne-blue__11091

I tried to get a cube agree c62 race. Completely sold out. A tcr 0, October the earliest. Hard to believe we are out of covid with 4 to 5k to spend and its still difficult sourcing a bike. There was I, strolling into bike shops like John Wayne thinking ill have my pic of bike. Not a hope.

Anyway, had a go of the trek emonda sl7 today after selling my beloved canyon that I never thought I'd sell. It was sold in a day with only €50 knocked off the price. The canyons of old were masterpieces. The new canyons in around the 4k mark I don't like. One of the colour schemes is dark grape 😂. And they have a silly plastic compartment in the top tube for storage. Looks like a lunch box integrated into the frame.

But the trek is a serious weapon. I paid a lot less than 5k for it too. Carbon wheels and 12 sp ultegra di2, (not 11sp as it states in the add). I dont need them but I want them. The di2 shifting is amazing and very crisp.

Does anyone have one ? I live in firhouse so hope to smash the dublin mountains this summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Fair play, best of luck with it 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Thank you. It's mad money to spend on a bike but it will last me a while as it needs nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Citizen2011

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Rode the SL6 version all winter & they ride really well on the road.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Nice. Internal cable routing too. Hope you upgrade the pedals 😀

• Advertisement

Just got it back from the shop as I had to return it due to noisy internal cables. They had to put foam around the cables and put them back inside the frame. All sorted now.

I honestly thought di2 ultegra and a bike worth 5k wouldn't be too much of a jump up from my canyon endurance in 105 11 sp mechanical. I thought it was just a gimmick but I was very wrong.

I can't get over how good the emonda is. Its lightning quick, eats the hills and is super comfortable. Lovely slight bit of flex in the front when hammering it over rough surfaces, climbing etc. Di2 ultegra is phenomenal. Lightning quick gear changes (and the app allows you to adjust how you change gears). Great when you're stopping at lights clicked in and panicking to get into a lighter gear before you fall over.

There really is huge improvements as you spend more on a bike. I know that's an obvious statement to make but i thought the gains would be marginal. They might be marginal from 5/6k to 8/10k at this point but again, I could be wrong.

Post edited by byrnem31 on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Its all relative. There is nothing new that to me is better than the second generation of SRAM Red 10. It was perfection for me in terms of shifting, feel, braking, easy to maintain. Now of course it was the highest end, most expensive thing of it's time, but I got it stupidly cheap when I did get it and wish I'd never sold it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,272 ✭✭✭✭ted1

can’t believe they are the pedals they put in such an expensive bike!!

They threw them on so I could test it. My spd pedals were at home and threw them on it when I got it.

Advertisement