Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying poor land, are their barriers to planting.

Options
  • 07-03-2024 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Sorry if there is a thread.. Is getting permission to plant a forest complicated. I understand there is some register where you can check if land is approved in general.

I see some middling land with zero road frontage, I could be interested in buying.. The land is a 30 acres, probably heavy or peaty, it borders existing forestry and is isolated from any houeses.

I would be very keen to plant it, or explore 1 of the new schemes, but would be disappointed to buy it and find out, planting isnt possible and I should have kept my money for another piece. In the time waiting for planting, I would probably set it for summer grazing.

Comments

Advertisement