Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Car Is More Durable?

Options
  • 07-03-2024 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Guys, I'm

about to but a family car 7 seater between Corolla Verso and Nissan Serena but not sure which is more durable, fuel economical and maintenance? My driving is within the town for school kids run and shopping that's all.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

How long is a piece of string?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭User1998

Probably the Toyota. I think the auto gearbox in Nissans are a bit temperamental or expensive to repair

Verso is petrol and Serena is hybrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The Toyota. I have a neighbour who has one for at least 10 years not a single problem with it.

The Nissan is a van with Windows.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭shane b

Id go with the verso too but you have picked 2 very different cars.

Do you need the 8 seats of the serena as its quite large compared to the verso? The middle seat in the verso is a bit narrow so fitting 3 seats across it may not be that easy. A diesel verso may not be the best for town driving either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gracepeters

Can i just ask this, will there be a problem if i buy already imported UK car but already registered in Ireland? I hope there won't be a problem if i want to insure it or road tax it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭User1998

If it has Irish reg plates you’ll have no problem with tax or insurance.

The Nissan Serena is a Japanese Import

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭griffin100

We had a Corolla petrol verso for years. Not the most exciting of cars but it never gave us an ounce of trouble other than consumables and once the starting motor went.

We put about 20k miles a year onto it for 6-7 years. We even took it to Cornwall a couple of times and toured around with the kids in it.

Only thing is the rear two seats are very small, but when push came to shove we were able to get two adults into them.

On the plus side the entire back folds flat when you remove the headrests and you can sleep in it if needed 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Toyota all day, Nissan's are fairly soft.

Advertisement