Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another "migrating from sky" thread.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Yes, I will be splitting the feed to the TV also.

My network is pretty decent. Although I havent tested in with something like nPerf. It's all Cat6 with Gb switches internally.

I might try the kodi option from my PC.... see if that makes any difference.

At the moment I am testing things, so the box is not being used by anyone else. The tuner should be free.

I tried with the Kodi plug in... Wow. I think this is the way to go!

I already have kodi running on a shield at the TV, so might even use that to drive the Zgemma as I like the interface a lot more and it will give the option of relocatting the zgemma.

One thing I can't work out though is the aspect ratio. it is displaying the stream in kodi as a squished 4:3 image. Kodi is set to a normal 16:9 4k resolution. I can't see any setting in the zgemma that controls the stream output aspect ratio, or in the kodi plugin that controls the display image...

Any ideas?

Edit:

I found a setting in Kodi to stretch it out to 16:9. Happy days.

I can now show the Mrs the Kodi interface vs the enigma2 interface an see which she prefers.

Post edited by ArrBee on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭andy1249

Yeah , Kodi has its own settings for picture per channel.

With the offending station on , hit the OK button , you should see a lot of buttons at the bottom of the screen , scroll across and select the one that does picture , then in that sub menu set to 16:9 or whatever option corrects the picture , it should then be saved like that.

You may also come across some stations with subs , again you must use the same set of buttons to turn these on or off , and also , E4 and More 4 and some others may have audio description on. Again , the same buttons along the bottom are used to correct this , only this time you must select the "other" sound feed , the one without audio description.

Do you have timeshift working via Kodi?

I was able to record, and set up a timer from Kodi no bother but both saved to the local HDD instead of the NAS share which is configured from the Zgemma. e.g. when I record, from the box it save on the NAS, but when I set up the recording from Kodi it saved locally + timeshift wasnt available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭SteM

Mind me asking where you ordered from in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've tried several times to get Kodi on a Sony Android TV to work with my zgemma H7s but as soon as Kodi starts up it crashes when the PVR manager tries to download the channel list.

Any ideas? Kodi and OpenVIX are both up to date.

EDIT: FWIW exactly the same thing happens if I install the Windows version of Kodi on my desktop PC.

Post edited by Alun on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭andy1249

For me , Kodi is just a client , it may be a good looking , impressive client , but still just a client.

Its very useful , but I wouldnt deem it good enough to replace the front end of the actual main unit itself.

Also , I would never record over the network to a NAS , and timeshift is a type of always on recording. As far as I know , timeshift is only available from the original box unless the client has total control of the tuner , i.e. that tuner is no longer available to the main box. ( Plex does this )

Youve gone down a road with these boxes that I wouldn't even recognise as a valid road.

There are more experienced TVheadend Users on here that can advise as to what happens when you just use the box as network tuners. I am not too familiar with that end of things.

World of Sat. came in about 155euro including tax and delivery. (no HDD)

All I did was make sure the IP address and port in the PVR client addon were pointing to the H7s streaming port (defaults to 8001) and it just seemed to work.

Thanks.

I have read about timeshift working from a kodi client (even that there wqere settings to control if the file was created locally or on the "server", but the setting described in Kodi isnt visable to me - maybe it was deprecated.)

The recording to NAS seems to work well and makes recordings available to all. but I am thinking I will move timeshift back to local HDD so I don't have to worry about it filling up the NAS when left running. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

OK, I've managed to get it to work, but only if I disable all bouquets apart from Favourites in the configuration of the enigma2 PVR plugin. It doesn't matter if I select the "All bouquets" option or select individual bouquets, it still crashes.

Advertisement