Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Factory reset improve performance of Android 10

Options
  • 07-03-2024 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

UMIDIGI A7S 2~Gb Ram- V 10 (50% of storage free)

Yes, I know 2Gb Ram but it was fast & snappy when I got it and now its not.

I'm told by some that resetting my Android Smart phone will not improve performance. The reason being every time I update an app, the optimised version consume more resources hence slowing down over time for the earlier 2019 versions.

Is this true or will a Factory Reset solve all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...only one way of finding out....

had to reset a chromecast a while ago for same reasons, done the job....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭10-10-20

It'll solve it until all of the fat updates for the same apps come back down and induce more performance issues. But yes, it typically helps for a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Well its 5 years old. A factory reset might improve things a bit but as my mother would say, you can't turn a sows ear into a silk purse.

Phone prices have dropped way down. You'll get a modern spec phone for not a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Give it a try but don't expect miracles. Have your back ups done before you do: WhatsApp, Google etc

Advertisement