Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Input from Healthcare Assistants: General Query

Options
  • 06-03-2024 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello fellow Healthcare Assistants (HCAs)!

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out to this community for some advice and insight on a general question I have regarding our roles as HCAs.

I've been working in the healthcare field for some time now, and while I feel confident in my abilities, I always believe there's room for growth and learning. So, I wanted to tap into the collective wisdom and experiences of my fellow HCAs here on boards.ie.

My query revolves around various aspects of our work, including patient care, occupational health and safety, communication with colleagues and patients, and personal development within the field. I'm particularly interested in hearing about your strategies for managing stress, promoting a healthy work-life balance, and staying motivated in our demanding roles.

Feel free to share your thoughts, experiences, and any resources or recommendations you have found helpful along the way. Your input is invaluable, and I look forward to reading your responses.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to contribute to this discussion!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EtaruJ

No comments 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shivybyrne90

My advise is to always take your when you are giving your break as your health is very important always make sure you are wearing the appropriate clothing such as ppe gear and gloves and make sure your protecting yourself and others when it comes to infection prevention and control

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShanLoughlin28

Hi my advice would be to look at the HSE.ie for some Information. I’ve had a very good experience working in a hospital as a HCA. I manage my stress by taking time for my self on breaks and also keeping a good work life balance is very important that you don’t burn yourself out. Hope this advice helps you ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ziad

Many ideas in this field can be presented and discussed

• Registered Users Posts: 1 denise 39

I have 3 years expierence as a healthcare asisstant and i love the job , i am a very caring and empathetic person it can be very rewarding and also challenging and it can be quite stressful from time to time but it is also important to practice selfcare to avoid a burnout ,and getting stressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 isabel22

that was very informative

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RichBren

I’m pretty new to working as a HCA but I found that asking for help is always ok, you can’t be expected to handle every situation alone so when the need arises don’t be afraid to let someone know you need assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 23Hoc

I think many of us forget about looking after ourselves because of the work we do looking after others. We need to make time to give ourselves a break, for our mental and physical health. Never be afraid to ask for help from colleagues and family and friends. If you can't look after yourself, you wont be able to look after others 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Danipac

The best way to manage stress in this job is to take breaks and don't forget to eat and hydrate correctly. that way you will feel energized and more relaxed because this job is physically and mentally exhausting.😉

Advertisement