Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to sign up for electricity, new build.

Options
  • 06-03-2024 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Developer is looking for me to sign up for electricity, I havent even paid for the house. I bought another newbuild recently and they handed everything over on completion and then I signed up for electricity. I am not paying for them to use electricity at my expense. House is about 2 months from completion. Am I wrong or are they in the wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Have they given you the RECI cert for the house? They send one off to Safe Electrical Direct, but you should get a copy also. id wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The ‘batting order’ is that the ESB won’t connect the house until there is a registration request from a supplier. The registration won’t actually go through until the house is connected and meter point is energized. If it makes your builder happy then I would be inclined to go along with it. It may result in you paying a few extra days of standing charges and some consumption but might be worth it to keep the ball moving. On the other hand you could insist that the developer takes the supply as the first customer.

Advertisement