Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling

Options
  • 05-03-2024 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Need to tidy up road and fence it off and out a new road around slatted shed. What would be the best filling to get?

2 or 3 inch down

How much would a truckload be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Dunedin

804 is probably the best. I’d say €350-400 for a 25 ton load. But slightly guessing as it’s a while since I got any.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Aravo

You can claim vat back on drainage stone for drainage purposes of course. As long as the docket says drainage stone. Maybe the company delivered cl804 by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭massey 265

I would reccommend 2"down first well rolled down and then c804 again well rolled down as roadway seems a bit dirty and c804 down on top of this tends to boil up and u end up with a pure mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭minerleague

A base of 6 inch down for new road then finer stuff on top and same stuff for top of existing road, doesn't have to be drainage stone to reclaim vat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

A load of 2” stone will cover a lot more ground than a load of 804 and won’t wash away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭irishguy19772

Thanks for advice. Will go with 2 inch down. Got a price of 440 for 25 ton.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

5-6" clean stone as a base if you want to get rid of all the dirt that's boiling up. Once it's settled cover it over with 2" down. It will be rough travelling over it for a few weeks until it settles but if you get it tracked in well it shouldn't be too bad.

Did this on part of my yard that was constantly dirty 3 years ago and it cured the problem 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭50HX

+1 on this

The longer you could leave the 2"down without driving on it the better

Vibrating roller at least

Advertisement