Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sugar - Apple TV+ - Colin Farrell

Options
  • 05-03-2024 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭

A good old fashioned LA private eye series..

Private detective John Sugar investigates the disappearance of Olivia Siegel, the beloved granddaughter of Hollywood producer Jonathan Siegel. As Sugar tries to determine what happened to Olivia, he unearths Siegel family secrets, old and new.

Starts April 5th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

looks very clichéd, but Farrell is usually good value

Having said that I've just remembered he was True Detective 2 which was awful and which this trailer reminds me of...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Dennis Boutsikaris was Al Pacino 🙈

I am getting Ray Donovan vibes and also I am the Night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

Watched the first 2 episodes and liking it so far, will certainly watch the 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

1 episode in …. liking it a lot…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Have watched the first 3 episodes and am really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,928 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I'm enjoying it but the episodes feel a bit short for a weekly drop… was just getting into episode 3 and it was over after 30+ minutes.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭winstonia

Might get sick of it by the end. Enjoyed the first 2, 3rd not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Getting fairly bored of this after a few episodes - we get it, he is a good soul caught up in a violent world and may have taken one job too many (we don't need his minder to ask him this in every conversation) - its just all a bit too obvious.

I think the main character annoys me too much - he is casually catching flys with chopsticks, alcohol has no effect on him etc etc, is he a spy, superhero, robot or what? He isn't suave enough to pull it the slick spy routine, isn't hard enough to be the battle weary journeyman. Looks too worried all the time to be a man pulling all the strings, yet he seems to be playing a suave, battle hardened super spy. It's just a bit all over the place for me

• Registered Users Posts: 27,928 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I wonder is there more going on here than meets the eye, some of the phrasings in this episode about learning from movies... people trying to find out "what" you are.

So this is just my speculation below but will wrap it in spoilers tags.

Could Sugar be a guardian angel?

Maybe we are in Angelheart type territory.

Post edited by odyssey06 on

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
Advertisement