Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wife looked at and comment made while out !

Options
  • 04-03-2024 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

A new experience for me and the mrs to be sure. Was out at a market on Sunday in the capital. Mrs was wearing leggings, a fleece top, long one, and a sleeveless jacket.

She was looking at some jewelry or something and three men of a certain background wearing what looked like thawbs made a look of looks at her and a few comments in a language I didnt understand, then followed by some type of tongue-clicking. They were staring at her while doing this.

I was right beside her, and when I saw the men looking at her and commenting I very nicely ( not really) told them to p1ss off and if they dont like people dressed up in clothes like that in a public space at 13:00 then maybe dont go out.

My Mrs said this would be a regular enough thing. Has anyone else experienced it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Oh move on with your day!

There are a certain type of men who will do this , not just confined to Muslim men which you seem to be alluding to.

Thankfully a greater portion of men have been raised to be more respectful and know better.

Ask any woman and I guarantee she has had comments made about her, that even if they were "complimentary" she would rather the person making them kept them to himself.

I'd be more annoyed at my partner getting involved as it could easily escalate a two second interaction to a dangerous interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Were they Alikr mercenaries sussing out whether there is a price on her head?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Thawbs you say. In the capital.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Weird. I and my thawb-wearing mates visited your country recently and had a terrible experience. Feeling the need for prayer, I asked a woman where I could find the local mosque. Unfortunately, I lost coverage on my phone (Darn you muslimfone!) and wasn't able to get Google Translate up. I remonstrated with myself (TSK TSK Abdul. You should know better), when suddenly this fine woman's partner became belligerent with me, just as my phone got its coverage back. I can't repeat what he said, but it was most impolite. 0/10, would not recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭NSAman

Did you go back to the hospital (seeing as you are a heart surgeon)? And then back to the camp tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭JVince

hope you never pass a building site with her!

Or visit australia and look at the way pure white Irish paddies act in front of Aussie women (very very embarrassing to be seen as from the same country as them)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

What was their reaction to your outburst?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Why Are you surprised other men might express delight at how your wife looks op? Do you not find her attractive anymore?

• Advertisement

OP if you don’t understand the language they spoke how can you be sure they were speaking to or about your Mrs?

You made yourself look like a right eejit if you ask me having a go at three randomers for speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why didn’t you defend your wife’s honour by beating the three of them to a pulp like a real man?

women love that sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 20,498 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Fashion Police from Tehran on holidays.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Are these "thwabs" in the room with us right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Thinly veiled I’ve got bird thread?

It's a long time since I saw the old Thinly Veiled wheeled out. Our younger readers may not know what it means.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2056768314/thinly-veiled-thinly-veiled-post/p2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Most people will know full well what the OP is referring to. You don't need to know any language to understand lecherous looks and the intent behind them. OP - you should have quoted the Ten Commandments to them with specific reference to not coveting thy neighbours wife. If they were truly holy souls, they would surely have been humbled and smitten by the word of the Lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Most people will know full well what the OP is referring to. You don't need to know any language to understand lecherous looks and the intent behind them.

Could also be constipated and daydreaming of releasing their chocolate hostage in a toilet with a heated seat and a limitless supply of soothing aloe vera 4-ply cushioned toilet roll...

The look is quite similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

Welcome to the new Ireland sir, where diversity is our strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Need more info to make an informed decision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

Well to be fair, these men come from cultures that brutalise and treat their women like absolute filth, so I can understand the OP's concern regarding a few of them lerching and salivating around his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

IBTL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

You've made your point, okay, your wife is ridey, well done for snapping her up. Great humblebragging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭jj880

Divorce her. Marry a swamp donkey.

Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I fail to see any humour in a bunch of Neanderthal creeps making comments/noises, making acceptable wherever they were dragged up, but most decent men in our country today are better behaved and more respectful towards women.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The op didn't mention any salivating. Very odd that you noticed all this saliva and he didn't. Who goes looking at saliva. Did you get a close up look?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭nachouser

You missed out on a hape of camels there, op.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

I love how some people are more concerned with telling the OP get over it cause it's inferred they would be let's say "New Irish" sexism and misogyny apply regardless of your ethic background, doesn't matter if we've loads of our own doing it.

Vomit inducing but no suprise from some in here.

• Advertisement

Advertisement