Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baggage Transfer Question...

Options
  • 03-03-2024 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,

Should I assume that when I book a flight from a carrier without a base here in Dublin that my bags will automatically transfer to my final destination?

Looking to fly to Thailand with Singapore Airlines via London or CDG with the connecting flight from Dublin with Aer Lingus (all booked through Singapore Airlines website) but it isn't clear if the bags travel through or if I have to collect bags and check in again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I cannot answer Your question, but when You book in Your baggage in DUB, they’ll tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Tippman24

A few years ago I went to Malaysia via Heathrow.On booking in in Dublin, I was told on arrival in Heathrow I needed to go to Air Malaysia desk. When I got to the AM desk, the booking agent took my pass for the flight to Kuala Lumper and scanned the attached baggage tag. Two of our group did not bother doing what they were advised to do with the result that their baggage failed to arrive in Kuala Lumper.l

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭CrookedJack

Whenever I've travelled this way my baggage has been automatically forwarded to the final destination. They are always clear to tell you if you need to manually collect and transfer yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭user302243

Singapore and Aer Lingus have an interline agreement so bags will be checked through

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ms34

thank you for the replies

• Advertisement
Advertisement