Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RnaG to allow advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Just because they can run ads doesn’t mean they’ll get any. Does this see them included in the JNLR too I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Making Irish ads will be an extra expense that most places won’t bother with. Only ones will likely be the government ads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭monseiur

Radio / TV advertising in English not to mention Irish is a cut throat business now with fierce competition from social media in all it's forms. The vast majority of the under 30's brigade don't listen to radio or watch TV much any more - they get their news etc. from laptops / phones etc. Adverts as Irish is a very tiny and niche market and, unless dirt cheap, will not make economic sense for the advertiser.

I would guess that 99.9% of those who can follow the Irish language and watch TV / listen to radio regularly have a good understanding of English - the opposite is not the case. No doubt it will be a novelty for the first 6 months after that the Euros will follow the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sekefhiijj

When exactly did government advertising become so prominent on Irish radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I think it is more prevalent now since COVID. Whilst you see Government adverts within more niche or regional titles, the continued need for large advertising in national titles during the pandemic has created a precedent. Government is now far more commonplace in adverts in print, radio, and TV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement