Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dept of Foreign Affairs (Irish Aid) - information sought

Options
  • 01-03-2024 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm an existing civil servant who is hoping, in time, to move to Dept. of Foreign Affairs (Irish Aid) in Limerick on Mobility. Anyone on here know if they operate a WFH/blended working policy as my commute would be 1.5hrs each way?

Always wanted to work for Irish Aid but never thought it possible until covid and WFH, etc. Unfortuantely, not in a position to relocate closer to Limerick but one or two days in the office a week would be possible.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

It's hybrid. I know someone who goes in approx once a month but she's probably the exception. I'd say once a week would be a normal expectation to be in the office

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Trevorfromtheshoppingcentre

Do you know if it's once a week for all grades? I heard it is interesting work so I would be curious too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I don't know for sure but I would imagine it's more dependent on the unit you are in rather than your grade

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Most gove depts are 2 days in and 3 days WfH.

Notwithstanding any flexibilities within that.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Trevorfromtheshoppingcentre

Thanks for the answers. Is it possible to find out the situation regarding blended working before accepting a post offered from mobility. My experiences with PAS have been very mysterious in regards to details of my unit, and job spec, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 urban sprawl

DFA has a blended working policy of 50% attendance in the office aggregated over a month for all grades/streams. While this is somewhat less vigorously applied for Limerick- based staff, it is nonetheless an expectation for all officers. Some roles in the Passport Office have no entitlement to work from home at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DeltaSun

Thank you for the replies above, great to have more information on it.

Advertisement