Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ranger v Amorak

Options
  • 01-03-2024 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

My current jeep is on it last legs so I'm looking at upgrading. I'm a part time farmer so I need 4x4 with a bit of power for pulling trailers and general farm work.

I'm looking at either a Ranger or an Amorak. Anyone any opinions on either or recommendations.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,473 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What year are you looking at? The latest Ranger and Amorak share the same platform and most engines whereas the older ones don't have anything in common with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭GavPJ

I've had both as company vehicles and I wouldn't buy either if I had the choice.

Had an 2011 and a 2016 Amarok. They were just ok. Fairly reliable but not nice to drive.

Ranger was the same but a bit more comfortable. If I was you and was doing a bit of farming

I would be going with a Hi Lux for pure reliability. Test drive them all and see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

On the ball, stay well away and get a Landcruser or Hilux

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Whocare

Get a navara np300 from 2016 on great jeep. Brother has 2018 tekna 190bhp farmer who pulled 14ft ifor Williams fully loaded with cattle or double deck of sheep and pulls it like there almost nothing behind it plus it has very low gear first gear so it very easy on clutch taking off with heavy loaded trailer . And went there no trailer on drive better than car in my eyes has different rear suspension setup than most pickup. Research it alot went buying and newer navara don't have any major problems unlike older model navara. Ranger I wouldn't touch one major engine problems as for amarok if you get 2.0tdi there not much powerful for pulling trailers and v6 3.0 by account it drink like a fish . L200 has some major common problems and dmax has good few common problems too

As like other has said would have probably got hilux but there are like extra €6 thousands not worth it in my eyes plus can have major rust problems

Navara is pretty good fuel wise went not pulling a trailers it display on dash 38mph

Advertisement