Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBT renewal advice

Options
  • 28-02-2024 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, I've let both my learner licence (hopefully easily rectified) and IBT cert (A) go out of date without doing anything about bikes.

Can anyone confirm what I need to do about renewing the IBT, I see conflicting info online.

Some say re-sitting the whole thing is necessary and others just the last module? I wouldn't be unhappy about the latter as I'd want to do a couple of lessons having been two years since on a bike.

I've seen one online for e400 for a day renewal, but if anyone has any recommendations please let me know. TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Where in the country are you? From what I can see it is possible to do a one day recertification

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

Sorry yep that would be helpful, Wicklow Town but commuting to Dublin so in either locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Give Paul Jenkins in Jenkins School of Motoring a call, he's handy to you, based near Stepaside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

You can't renew it. Btdt with my son in 2023.

Managed to get a test just 3 days before the end of the 2-year limit by travelling to another county, so did talk to ADI's and the RSA directly on it at the time.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement