Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightmare trying to get a refund from Amazon for an item that was not delivered to me

Options
  • 27-02-2024 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Would really appreciate some advice on this issues as I do not know what to do next.

1. Ordered a computer monitor from a UK based third party seller through Amazon UK

2. Got a message from DPD saying customs charges were due (I verified it was not a scam)

3. I decided that I would not pay the charges as they were too much, and thought item would be returned to seller

4. Got a notification from Amazon stating that monitor had been delivered to me (that's unusual as it had not been)

5. Contacted Amazon and they told me that monitor had been delivered to me

6. I contacted DPD and they told me that they had returned the item to the seller and provided me with evidence that they had done so

7. Contacted Amazon many, many times and they do not care at all that DPD have confirmed that the item was not delivered. All they keep saying is that I will have to fill out a police report

8. I tried to contact the third party seller, but it is impossible/they are ignoring me.

9. Spoke to the Gardaí they were sympathetic but said it is not a criminal matter so I can not fill a report.

I am down close to €400 and I have no idea what I am suppose to do next. Thank you for anyone who read this far.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Credit/debit card chargeback.

May not be successful but can force people to actually respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Why would you order something like this from Amazon! I have never had any issues with returns or refunds for them

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

People order all sorts of things from Amazon, doesn't make them in any way culpable for Amazon's error.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Ask Amazon to provide proof of delivery, if they don't have it then you want a full refund

Provide them with proof from DPD it was sent back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

A lot of people don't realise that the item needs to be dispatched from Amazon UK for a seamless transaction (i.e. VAT dealt with properly upfront and no nasty surprises). Properly = UK VAT deducted and Irish VAT added-on

Ordering items dispatched from third party suppliers on Amazon UK is a recipe for disaster i.e. UK VAT not deducted, Irish VAT added on, admin / handling charges, delays and worst of all, item returned to seller due to "failed electronic customs clearance"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Why buy something from a third party seller then decide not to pay customs?

Just do a chargeback

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I delivered for Amazon. Ask for proof of delivery. A photo. All packages are covered under insurance, so put in a claim. Get your money back. Failing that, get them to deliver it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 madthing1

What if parcel scanned, left at door while talking to customer and when customer picks it up item not in the box - what is the comeback here

HELP

1. Bought a laptop from Amazon
    2. Item due for delivery but did not arrive
    3. eventually Amazon driver arrived at my door a few days later
    4. Driver put box on ground as I gave him the security code (for expensive items)
    5. when I picked up box it was very light, badly sellotaped and I discovered laptop was not in the box
    6. walked over to driver of Amazon delivery van and told him laptop missing- driver rang his boss who said he would sort it and get a replacement sent on following day
    7. no replacement arrived
    8. made a complaint to Amazon
    9. went to Gardai, made a statement, given a Pulse Incident Number (PID) and a report - sent it all to Amazon and they still would not accept it and will not deal with my complaint
    10. now what can I do? I am down E1,000 and not getting any satisfaction from Amazon - i have no way of contacting Amazon Ireland it seems to be only a call centre somewhere in the world

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

How did you pay for the item?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Start a claim with Live Chat.

Credit card

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Just do a chargeback on your card and in future stop using Amazon

Can I do a charge back with a debit card ? (It was a debit card not a credit card apologies)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

OP you could do a charge back. but the way to talk with amazon is via live chat.

they are very good at dealing with these issues. its not difficult and you get a human within minutes. let them help you before going over their heads.

Advertisement