Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncontested divorce costs

Options
  • 26-02-2024 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi got a quote for 6000 for uncontested divorce is this the normal? Also would my ex have go pay something similar aswell? Regarding diy divorce do both parties have to speak in court? This puts me off as have social anxiety! If my ex applied would only they have to speak? Thanks in advance

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭SVI40

If it's uncontested, then it's only a few euro for sworn affidavits, and registered post of same to the other party.

Unless it's changed significantly, mine cost less than €75.00. Did it all myself in 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Alexus25

My friend did it recently and only cost a few hundred, it would have cost less if the person she was divorcing didn't keep contesting it

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Blud

If you're married and clicked in here, please clear browser history now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevcar16

Thanks so much for replies, so sounds like I would be mad to use solicitor then? It's literally just the fear of having to speak in court putting me off, read in another discussion the judge can be hard on you and put u on the spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭combat14

no harm getting a consultation if any issues raised by other side, be careful with pensions as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I can confirm doing the same as poster up above using www.irishdivorceservices.ie. They were brilliant.

Don't recall the judge asking us anything in particular other than I think to confirm who we were and if we were both sure what we were doing.

That website basically produce all of the documentation for you, though there was someone on the end of the phone too if needed as the date got closer. If I remember, you had to do a bit of the posting of registered documents yourself (I imagine for legal reasons), but that site literally sent me the envelopes, the registered post labels etc and I just had to bring them to the post office myself.

Just checked the site there, Marianne was the lady I dealt with there, I think she's the lady who set it up, but I can see from the reviews she has a few others working there too.

Advertisement