Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wash a jacket?

Options
  • 25-02-2024 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Is it normal to wash jackets?

I've just realized I have some jackets since forever, but never washed them.

A low temperature hand wash, is that something one would normally occasionally do with a jacket?

In physics we trust....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Depends on the fabric. You need to check the label first. They could be dry clean only. If they are washable just follow the instructions on the label. If there's no label and they are wool or viscose or have any waterproofing, I would leave those to the cleaners.

On most other fabrics you could use a cold or luke warm hand wash with a mild non-bio liquid detergent like Woolite. Wash gently and rinse. Do not wring, just press out the excess water, hang on a wide hanger, reshape the shoulders, close the buttons / zip and line dry. That shouldn't cause any problems. Denim or 100% cotton would probably be ok on a machine hand wash or delicate cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bobbyD1978

They must stink then.

They are clothes, they get dirt and odours just like other clothes so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

Follow the label instructions.Or cold washing 30c by hand,then machine if necessary.Take precautions if wool especially

Advertisement