Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hall of Fame 2024

Options
2»

Comments

How is the mid-80s a forgotten era? lol

PWI ranked them in the top 50 tag-teams of the PWI years in 2003. Plus, Rotunda is long overdue.

Speaking of a forgotten era...The Midnight Express & Cornette not being in there is utterly bewildering.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Strange that Windham is now a two time WWE hall of famer considering nearly all his runs in the company were total failures with him quitting soon after a new gimmick started.

I think it’s a way of getting Rotunda in to the Hall of Fame while linking it to Wrestlemania 1 as he and Bundy are probably the two big male omissions from that event not to be on the Hall of Fame.

If Bray is going in Posthumously it also makes sense having his father and uncle going in as well.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If Rotunda was going in, I would've expected either solo as IRS or part of Money, Inc.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Barry Windham really is a strange one he never lived up to his potential and I know he was regarded by his peers as one of the best and most natural pro wrestlers of his generation

However i would say he never stayed anywhere long enough to really have a hall of fame career yet he will now have two WWE hall of fame rings now.

Even with the Four Horsemen he really wasn't really a core member of that group he was just a part of the second and third incarnation of it.

Mike Rotunda would for me be better know and remembered by a most of the WWE's fan base for the IRS gimmick and going into the WWE hall of fame that is the gimmick I would have expected him to go in with.

I have no issue with either of them getting in and getting a payday out of it.

That just leaves King Kong Bundy and Cyndi Lauper now from WM 1 to go into the HoF.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

A solo IRS induction would be very worthy.

It was a fantastic run and hugely memorable gimmick.

I'd agree that Barry Windham is a funny one. There are a number of guys the IWC will tout till the cow come home as to how amazing they are for whatever reason. Terry Gordy is another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought IRS was already in as Ted DiBiase and Virgil are in?

I would think Bray would have already been announced as the headliner but looks like Paul is the headliner

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The next inductee Thunderbolt Patterson was announced earlier today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lia Maivia confirmed now as well.

I presume the Bray announcement will be done via video package during a live show.

• Advertisement

Yes, his grandmother. The wife of High Chief Peter Maivia.

She was a promoter in Hawaii in the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Petermc83

just finished watching Heymans acceptance speech. ( not interested in the rest of the inductees).

My god, what pure gold! Loved every second of that. From talking about HHH and bringing up Brock, to changing it up to classic ECW Paul E and dropping a big S*** My D*** line which was amazing. It had it all.
    congrats to him on an amazing career so far

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Heyman's surprise at seeing the phone was funny. Was only seeing the video package that made me realise, probably later than everyone else, that he's still doing the phone thing these days. He managed to slip in one unedited F-bomb.

Keith Lee made a brief appearance during Punk's interview beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭ThePott

Heyman's speech was great.

Other than that was a weird ceremony, I really think they either need to have these be behind clothes doors or do them at a different time, crowd was getting restless, sitting through it after Smackdown.

The Ali thing turning into a belt for the Rock was strange, he also kept it a bit kayfabe which was odd. Nice to see Bull get her moment, Thunderbolt was a good speaker even if it became a religious ceremony but a positive message nonetheless. US Express was a quite subdued speech and definitely think WWE made the right call not inducting Bray this year, the emotion and sadness was still quite evident from the whole family.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

One of the few things I'll 100% agree with Jericho on, the hall of fame should be a formal lunch event, limited attendance, pricier tickets and at least a shirts and slacks rule.

Wrestling fans can't help themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Petermc83

couldn’t agree more. The ridiculous “what” chants during Romans induction for Heyman were unnecessary and the heckles at every opportunity.

Solo stays in character throughout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yeah the fans actually ruin a lot of the hall of fame speeches. Also, the vast majority in attendance only cared about Heyman, so having him on first was an odd choice as it left the crowd with nothing to care for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Pity with Hall Of Fame was the classes were far too stacked in early years that it got completely saturated

They need to cool off it for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

The fans are clowns. Beered up fools who put themselves above the product.

I would dread having to sit amongst them during the HOF.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah the first few years after the

Yeah after the revival there were a few years that legitimately had a collection of characters that could have been sold as the marquee name.

INDUCTEES

Including Pete Rose!

Billy Graham:
    (by 
    Triple H)

Sgt. Slaughter:
    (by Pat Patterson)

Jesse Ventura:
    (by his Son)

Tito Santana:
    (by Shawn Michales)

Greg Valentine: