Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In need of good TD

Options
  • 25-02-2024 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi there

I need to get some support from a TD and im having no joy. I emailed David Cullinane already and he's not replied I keep getting generic information from his assistant he's waste of time it's been 6 months serious timewaster.

I emailed Mary Butler and she's away with the fairy's so no joy there, she copy and pastes.

I need someone who's actually going to listen and take time to review my situation.

And if I can get an actual appointment that would be even more amazing.

I'm in waterford city, so any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I have found Mary Roche and Jason Griffin very helpful and responsive for issues I have had over the years.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Jim Griffin maybe? Or Jason Murphy, I would say you are on about Jim Griffin to be honest. OP, have you tried ringing David Cullinane?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭decies

About 20 years ago or so needed advice about planning retention and security of premises , wrote to all councillors and tds they were beyond useless only a few could be arsed to reply . In the end the best help was from pat cox mep secretary . Wish you well .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

Leo Varadkar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

A TD's job is as a national legislator, and to a certain extent to be someone who bats for their constituency and voters, but as a bloc rather than as individuals. Unless your situation is something utterly scandalous, like children with scoliosis on waiting lists for surgery, your issue is not really their job, especially if you're looking for special treatment.

I'd suggest that if you believe you have a legitimate gripe with the state, that taking your issue to the media is a far better idea. Contact Damien Tiernan in WLR or Joe Duffy on RTE's Liveline - they're always looking for stories and causes.

Or let the good citizens of boards.ie help you out... tell us more and let us be the judge of whether your issue is something a TD should be spending their time on when they've a housing crisis, cost-of-living issues, climate change, traffic congestion, etc., to deal with.

Advertisement