Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farm layout

Options
  • 25-02-2024 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

I am going to invest around 10000 in doing up the farm.

I am going to put up a couple of machinery bays off existing sheds and leave myself with a 2 bay slatted shed and 3 cubicles for animals.

Anyone have any tips for planning purposes that they did/wish they did before I go to the construction phase. We have around 20 animals in herd with sucker cows, weanlings, ponies. In acres.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WhichWay

I'm sorry I didn't put the crush and race along the slatted tank. It would make for easy washing out with a volume washer hose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭cjpm

You’d get more replies if your drawing was easy to read at a glance. Your drawing is too faint.

Use a ruler and a pen, make some attempt to draw it to scale (something simple like 1 metre is 1 cm on the drawing.

Put on a few dimensions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭DBK1

Not to try and disappoint you but if you want a couple of bays of a shed you’re going to have to plan for a bigger budget than €10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭irishguy19772

Was hoping to put a few bays with railway pillars up and use the sheeting from the back of the sheds I have.

Running a cattle crush along the side of the sheds could be a good shout though.

Advertisement