Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭thebiglad

What do you intend to use it for, how many miles will you cycle, commute or leisure? Presume its for an adult.

Do you need to take on a train or have limited storage - is there a reason you want a folding bike?

What is it that attracts you to the e-bike you have posted?

If people understand your likes and needs they can advise or direct you much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Joe1919

Your link above is for a non electric Raleigh stowaway. The electric version is below. The 250W battery is small. An unfit (or lazy) rider might be lucky to get 20 km range depending on their weight and fitness.(imo) A fit rider will do much better.

https://www.halfords.ie/bikes/electric-bikes/raleigh-stow-e-way-electric-folding-bike---20%22-wheel-719102.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,040 ✭✭✭prunudo

Not familiar with that bike, but I'll say the same, as I do to anyone thinking of buying an emtb. Do your research and make sure you buy from a reputable source who sells reputable brands. After sales and their warranty policy are nearly more important than the bikes themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Ceepo

I 2nd this.

Although I'm speaking from a mountain bike perspective, and the conditions are harsher. Even reputable brands can and do frequently go wrong. And can be costly when they do.

Cheap is not always good.

Advertisement