Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v Wales. Sat 24th Feb, 14:15 RTÉ2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

In all reality we win even if we don't play particularly well. I still can't help feeling nervous as I just really dislike Gatland and seeing his face if they pull off the unthinkable would ruin my year.

Hope Frawley goes well. Like to see him carry hard a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

I feel like Ireland will slip up at some stage in this championship and don't think they'll get a grand slam. Just can't see it being a totally seamless transition from Sexton to Crowley. If it was that would be some achievement.

They said to Gatland on ITV that all the talk was how much Ireland would win by and he had a sly grin on his face. They lost by a point to Scotland and two points to England. Yes, Ireland should win comfortably but there is potential for egg on faces if they're at all complacent.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think we’ll do it today. Could be tough, but should get over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Ireland by 13.

Never underestimate a Welsh team's (especially a Garland lead Welsh team) ability to drag you down to their level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I'm very confident we will win but don't think it will be all one way traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,870 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Aviva surface looks great after the abomination of that plastic pitch at the U20's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Finally. Ireland's Call being played at the right tempo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm not underestimating it, I'm estimating it. Wales have been poor, even under Gatland, for some time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

'Mon Tadhg

Fitst Italian to referee a 6N match? That right???

• Advertisement

I predict this to be the first really difficult game for Ireland. Still a victory for us, but certainly not as clear cut as last weeks.

Sounds mad.. been in 6N since 2000…formation

Clipping Bundi Acki's hip with your neck must be like head butting a concrete block.

Some nice patterns being played off the goalline drop out and the previous lineout. Just started forcing it a bit after.

Excellent turnover from Bundee

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I would have disagreed before the match and on the evidence of the early exchanges and shape of attack, I disagree even more.

Ireland have it well within them to completely demoralise this Wales team in all facets long before half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,870 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Wales having to work very hard. Could see a big score here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Josh Adams plays international rugby and tackles with his head

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Is that 5 penalties against Wales already? After only conceding 9 in the previous 2 games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Josh adams after rattling his head tackling bundee (should have been a HIA) then gets sheehan running over him.

Hes gonna have a tough time remembering this game

Wainright and reffell are going to be involved in anything that wales manage to do right. They are the two players in that pack capable of performing at this level

Jenkins clattering McCarthy could be a momentum builder for them.

Really need to get a try up soon, keep them chasing. We have them in general play and if we get a lead and make them start forcing things we could really capitalise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Should be a card Wales so many penalties

Sheehan really in the mood to run over a few people today.

Porter getting a nice nudge on his side of the scrums so far

I'll take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Crowley got that maul over

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭roverjoyce

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭fitz

Make mincemeat of their scrum. They've got to have a yellow coming too, how many penalties now? 7 or 8 with those advantages that came to nothing?

Much better driving maul that time. Injuries or cards aside, this is going to turn into a rout, imo.

• Advertisement

Try 1 coming up.

Advertisement