Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ordered wrong tyres ..

Options
  • 22-02-2024 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭

So I have bmw f10 fronts are 245/45 r18 and rears were 275/40 r18 So i was meaning to get like for like unfortunately I accidently selected 275/45 r18 . Is this going to be a problem?

Trying to cancel order..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

An extra 60mm of tyre width across the front? Won’t affect the steering at all, Be grand 😂

Throw them up on DoneDeal if you can’t cancel the order. You’ll sell them very quickly.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭User1998

I think they got 275/45 instead of 275/40?

If so, its probably not a big deal. Its just a slightly thicker sidewall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Its the back tyres . 275/40/r18 original. The new ones are 275/45/r18. Fluffed up with drop down menu when selecting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭User1998

Your sidewall will be 123mm instead of 110mm. Not a big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭mk7r

If it's an x drive then the center transfer case will die in short order, if not then it's no big deal

• Advertisement

Nope just 2wd. OK so they will fit and car will be road worthy !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭kirving

For a given value on the speedometer, your will now be driving 3.7% faster than before too. You should have that overhead in your speedometer readout, but just in case you don't dirve at 100km/h exactly on the speedo, and confirm with GPS how fast you are actually travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,901 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If you ordered online from an EU store you have a 14 day right to return after delivery. You'll have to pay the return which could be a lot though, so look at selling them if you can't cancel the order.

I contacted them literally a few hours after placing the order and before it was picked up at their facility according to tracking but it seems because they had printed a label it was too late.

22/02/202420:01Your parcel has been picked up in our networkDPD Agency of Niort (79)22/02/2024

16:03The recipient has been notified by e-mail that their package has been shippedATHLONE (Ireland)

In any case I have requested DPD to return it to them which they have agreed to do so it won't be delivered here and the company won't have any choice but to refund.

Probably the tyres would have fit but tbh I really don't want to put something on that isn't recommended by manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Buffman

Sounds like pure laziness on the sellers/staffs part not to just cancel it prior to shipping. DPD mustn't do refunds once the label is printed so they probably didn't care about it.

On the off chance DPD do actually try to deliver it, make sure to refuse delivery and it will be returned.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭GavPJ

I use DPD every day and can cancel a label anytime before it is collected and I don't get charged.

Just to come back on what happened. So the tyres did turn up despite me contacting DPD and telling them not to deliver them. Luckily I was at home at the time so was able to go out and say I didn't want them and to return to sender. The company in question has not backed down from charging the 25 euro, so I'm just going to take the refund,

The terms say Cancellation for the following

1. "Convenience: after the final validation of his Order, the Customer has the possibility to request its cancellation at his own convenience, provided that the Products of the Order are not yet in preparation;

As far as I can see it's not possible to actually activate this term as by the time customer service forward the message the tyres will have already been dispatched.

Ill contact credit card company to speak about charge back for the 25euro as I can show they had plenty of time to prevent the tyres from leaving - and even on DPD own website says that up until the package is collected its on the sender to act.

Advertisement