Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1m Professional Indemnity insurance - who to contact

Options
  • 22-02-2024 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have my own LTD and provide consulting services in IT/Banking/Financial Service and project management within these firms. I have just got a new contract, and they are looking for me to hold Professional Indemnity of €1m, which is something my previous clients didn't ask for. I'm due to start on Monday, and have to arrange PI insurance, so just wondering who you would recommend and approx what cost should I be likely to pay.,

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭BnB

We used O'Mahony Group in Limerick for years for this kind of stuff and we found them great. Potential cost, sorry, I really don't know. The fact that you're not working with anything physically dangerous I am thinking it won't be too painful but I really haven't a clue. Best thing is just pick up the phone and talk to a few brokers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Have a similar business to yourself and use Travellers for PI cover. Actually going through the renewal process at present and it does take some time to complete Q/A, Contracts review, Financials etc... You may need to go to travellers via a broker to start the process.

Advertisement