Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

4 months waiting for dealership to resolve issue under warranty

Options
  • 21-02-2024 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Would like to get thoughts on if this is normal.

I bought a brand new car which has a 3 year manufacturer warranty. the infotainment system/software froze up after 2 months, brought to the nearest dealership, they have tried 2 updates and say they need to wait for another update before looking at replacing. This has now dragged on for 4 months.

Is that normal? I understand there are a lot of software issues with cars at the moment but also feel like this is way to long too resolve a defunct new car.

I'm turned off using brand ever again and may look to replace the car as soon as it's fixed, but maybe this is normal for all brands/dealerships. I've always had second hand cars so never dealt with warranty issues before

Any advice appreciated

Comments

Advertisement