Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Libertines!

Options
  • 21-02-2024 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭

I see the Libertines announced gigs in Dublin and Belfast. Would like to get tickets to see them in the Olympia. Surely they should be playing the 3 Arena/Point though? Would they not be considered one of the bigger bands, even today?

I know they released an album a decade or so ago, and one on the way, so not sure how active they do be in the meantime, haven't seen them announce a gig in Ireland in a long time. And in their original run were gone before they started really.

I think they're underrated in the sense of Doherty's personal life over shadowing them, but they kicked off the 00s indie scene and everything that followed. I think if you listen to the lyrics, many of their songs were poems originally.

I'd argue, Doherty in particular, is one in the greatest lyricists/songwriters of his generation, much of that talent wasted and hindered their output in the early days, when they were producing brilliant songs. I think it's a shame they'll be in the Olympia where it will be near impossible to get tickets.

Rare opportunity to see one of the genuinely brilliant bands of the last few generations!

Comments

Advertisement