Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 15 but only 1 player per county

Options
  • 20-02-2024 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭

Seen the hurling and football pods on Off the Ball doing this recently, wouldn't know enough about football on a national level to pick one but I'll do one for hurling, feel free to add a team for either code 👍

Enda Rowland ( Laois)

Tommy Doyle ( Westmeath)

Huw Lawlor ( Kilkenny)

Ben Conneely ( Offaly)

Ronan Maher ( Tipp)

Ciaran Joyce (Cork)

Fionan Mackasey (Kerry)

Keelan Molloy (Antrim)

Cian Lynch ( Limerick)

Donal Burke ( Dublin)

Lee Chin ( Wexford)

David Fitzgerald ( Clare)

Dessie Hutchinson ( Waterford)

Conor Whelan ( Galway)

Chris Nolan ( Carlow)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

You've been listening to The Hurling Pod. Nolan is interesting pick. Most would go for Kavanagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

I did but didn't influence my team, Carlow have some excellent players but no panel depth with such a small pick. Nolan, Kavanagh, James Doyle their centre back McDonald are all very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,258 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Football

Rory Beggan - (Monaghan)

--

Conor Dorman (Cork) - Sean Kelly (Galway) - Donal Keogan (Meath)

--

Ryan McHugh (Donegal) - Aiden Forker (Armagh) - Niall Daly (Roscommon)

--

Conor Glass (Derry) - Brian Fenton (Dublin)

--

Ruairí Canavan (Tyrone) - Fergal Boland (Mayo) - Gerard Smith (Cavan)

--

Daniel Flynn (Kildare)- Sam Mulroy (Louth) -David Clifford (Kerry)

I mostly went with players I saw playing who I saw ehen at matches over the last couple of years (league/Championship) players who stood out.

Keeper, full back and the full forward line all picked themselves as far as I am concerned. The rest I had to put a pick a bit of thought into. It was a lot harder than I thought.

I wouldn't have seen Leitrim/Carlow/Sligo in the flesh much over the last couple of years, for example. I am sure they have one or two handy players. But I just have not seen them, so apologies to fans of those teams.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement