Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian lies in Western media

Options
  • 20-02-2024 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Gott banned from afterhours thread on Navalny for the following 100% facts post,

"So we are supposed to believe that the west governments/media knew within hours how a man died in a remote Siberian prison but they don't have a clue about Epstein's death?

You have to be pretty gullible to believe the story they are pushing, why not a peep about US citizen Gonzalo Lira's death in a Ukrainian prison?

Navalny was no angel, videos of him espousing disgusting policies are online, but seen as he is "our guy" in Russia, the western governments/media are turning a blind eye."

What in the above is false?

Are people in the West to far gone to see the BS, is there hope for them to accept facts from a none approved western media source or is the brain washing permanent?

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

There doesn't seem to be a conspiracy being suggested here.

Just seems to be the usual "I don't understand something, therefore I've discovered a global conspiracy" mixed with the usual Alt-right Russia is actually the victim talking points. And a good dash of the old "anyone who doesn't immediately agree with me is brainwashed".

As usual, this is the result of conspiracy media only providing it's consumers with open ended vague questionings with nothing substantive or solid like a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 forrestgeorge

Navalny's ex wife just happened to be in berlin ready to give a statement about his death, the same ex-wife that just weeks ago was posting instagram photos of her on holiday with her new boyfriend is now the grieving wife of Navalny in the western media, conveniently omitting the ex part and that she had moved on from with a new boy friend.

Remember the western media propaganda that the Russian winter Olympics was going to be a disaster? Well it turned out fine.

Remember the western media propaganda that the Russian World cup was going to be a disaster? Well it turned out fine.

In both Olympics and World cup, many ignored western media lies and traveled to Russia, universally we seen them report they had a safe and good time, but the anti Russian propaganda runs deep, how deep you ask?

Well imagine that we are told its only a matter of time, weeks/months? Before Russia invades the rest of Europe, it would be all systems go to prepare to repel the Russian horde, yet yesterday we have the Minister of Defense for Denmark donating the nations entire artillery supply to Ukraine, does that sound like the actions of a nation that is about to be invaded by the Russians any day now?

The lies are so bad it would be laughable if the consequence where not so dire, the media is drumming up support for war and the gullible are lapping it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

At least their sports events start on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Russian lies in Western media. Yep I see alot of Russian lies in Western media alright as in lying Russians. Lies that should really be subject to more basic scrutiny by those who cant or wont engage their BS detectors.

Its not true until Russia denies it is a truism for a reason.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Russian lies in Western media. Yep I see alot of Russian lies in Western media alright as in lying Russians. Lies that should really be subject to more basic scrutiny by those who cant or wont engage their BS detectors.

Its not true until Russia denies it is a truism for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭sameoldname

The only lie I remember was that time you lot said you weren't going to invade Ukraine for a second time. Explain that lie.

Yeah I remember a lot of Russian mouthpieces saying that.

Theres probably a conspiracy theory in there as to how many of them were on the Russian payroll or otherwise in hock to the Russians.

Navalny not yet buried because the Russians are keeping the body for... reasons.

And already the smear campaign starts.

Theres a conspiracy theory in there somewhere involving Russian lies alright.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

@forrestgeorge, The Conspiracy Theories Forum is not the place to discuss or question threadbans. This is what the Help Desk is for. Please explain what your conspiracy theory is so posters can engage in line with the Charter, or the thread will be closed.

HS

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Gussoe

It seems to me that the actual Conspiracy Theory here, is the supposition within western media that Putin/Russia murdered Navalny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Valid assumption theory.

Yeah the Russians have nothing to hide... no sirree.

Not releasing the body to the family. Burial in a secret location. This must be the CIA's doing? Do they control the Russian authorities?

Russia trying to peddle the lie in social media this wasn't their doing - that's a conspiracy theory.

Russia actually being culpable for this murder - that's an actual conspiracy theory put into practice by Putin and his stooges.

“They want this to be done secretly, with no farewell. They want to bring me to the edge of a cemetery, to a fresh grave and say: ‘Here lies your son.’ I don’t agree to this,” she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Technically it's a conspiracy theory, e.g. a conspiracy by the Kremlin to assassinate Navalny. However it's a pretty plausible one. There is strong evidence this was already attempted against Navalny with Novichok in 2020.

Considering the number of officials who "fall out of windows", journalists murdered, opposition politicians threatened/poisoned/murdered, ex spies, even the helicopter pilot bumped off recently, it's widely assumed (globally) that Navalny was offed in his arctic penal colony, directly or indirectly.

This forum has a history of people choosing just one of the many of these, and requiring proof to the nth degree that it was Putin directly.

It's really funny seeing the contrast.

On this forum we've seen people and organisations accused of ridiculous crimes based on the flimsiest of notions.

For example we have the WEF accused of intentionally releasing covid based solely on one article they tweeted out.

Or people accused of being part of a satanic child trafficking ring based on them talking about pizza in an email.

But meanwhile, we have a know corrupt authoritarian dictator who has stolen power in russia for 20+ years, who is long known to have have political enemies killed... well it's too far fetched to suggest that he might kill someone.

There's no interest in that kinda thing.

This is simply because right wing media, and by extension conspiracy media are sympathetic to Putin and find it profitable by playing into the contrarian narrative. I think it's that simple. Conspiracy theorists are only repeating what they are fed by these media sources.

The Guardian with a report on why Navalny was killed by Putin:

Alexei Navalny’s allies have alleged that Vladimir Putin had the opposition leader killed in jail to sabotage a prisoner swap in which Navalny would have been exchanged for a convicted hitman jailed in Germany.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/26/vladimir-putin-had-alexei-navalny-killed-to-thwart-prisoner-swap-allies-claim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Pretty credible conspiracy theory makes it onto the forum. Those who would normally believe everything under the sun will doubt this one though. 🤣

The head of Ukraine's Defence Intelligence says Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny died from a blood clot, denying speculation that he was killed while in prison.

Kyrylo Budanov was quoted as telling reporters on that "I may disappoint you, but we know he died from a blood clot." 

Fancy that, western fake news yet again jumped the gun with anti Russian sentiment

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You do know that thrombosis can be drug-induced, right?

You know Ukraine is at war with Russia and no doubt the head of Ukraine's Defence Intelligence hates Russians with a passion, perfect opportunity to rile up the half wit supporters in the west, yet he did no such thing, very strange!

Anyway he is dead and forgotten about already.

His murder won't be forgotten for some time I think.

• Advertisement

Well seeing as this thread was abandoned on 26 feb and resurrected by me today, he was well out of the news cycle and forgotten

You resurrected it so clearly you didn't think the putin whitewash was complete. If it was forgotten why resurrect it?

"If it was forgotten why resurrect it?"

To show just how easily manipulated the half wits in the west are.

Spitting fire about this because they where told to, once Ukraine officials exposed the lie, completely forgotten in mere days.

See the pattern? Lies about Russia crumble , they are left behind , the western media moves onto the next lie and the half wits eat it up, repeat ad nauseam.

Again. Very strange how conspiracy theorists seem to fall over themselves to defend an authorian dictator.

Turn of CNN and BBC, stop reading the Guardian and Daily Mail, you will detox in a month or two and see the BS they push clear as day.

And then realise that Putin isn't a despot but actually a great hero who never did anything wrong.

Again if you are being genuine here and not a troll or a bot, then you've simply been duped by conspiracy/right wing media the same way you're accusing other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

So what news should we "half-wits" tune into then?

(Betting on the old reliables; "do your own research", counterfactual blog sites, ranting fringe individuals and echo chambers for Chinese/Russian propaganda)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

So just to clarify, you think invading Ukraine is the actions of the good guys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Shoog

What happened here is that poster with almost zero posting history started spouting pro Russian talking points so he was banned from that thread as a probable RusBot propoganda poster.

Fairly standard procedure and a damn good thing in my mind. Your lucky to not be banned outright, but I am certain that's coming based on this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement