Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smith property management SPM

Options
  • 20-02-2024 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, I just bought an apartment and having a problem with the management company. They said that was repaired the leaking from rain gutter before, but when I move I realised it was not properly repaired. Because the leaking my floor and wall from one room is completely damaged.

Anyone knows where I can complain against the company? CPC looking after that?

The solicitor that intermediate the buying said it is not part of the buying contract, but before closing date it was advised and they answered that was fixed.

Any advice?

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭gipi

Just to clarify

You are part of the Management Company (the Owners Management Company - OMC) as you bought an apartment in the estate.

The OMC engage a management agent to carry out the day to day running of the place.

It is up to the directors and members of the OMC to employ or change a management agent. Find out who your directors are and contact them.

The CPCC have no role here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Your best bet is to go over the direct agents head to company management, that worked for us before when we had SPM.

You could ask your solicitor to pursue the false information but tbh you should be able to sort it directly.

Advertisement