Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport to Galway Summer Sessions, Galway Airport August 2024

Options
  • 20-02-2024 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

Does anyone have any info about how they expect people to get to & from the gigs (apart from driving yourself)? They don't seem to have a web site and it's not on any public transport route. There's no info about parking either, for those that don't drink or who would be happy to park there overnight. It's basically in the middle of nowhere when it comes to transport. I've heard that in the past, people have ended up having to walk back to Galway city (5 miles). So not very encouraging when it comes to thinking about buying tickets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Nearest public bus stop is about 3km away, 401 and 409 routes.

I'd suggest you find who the concert promoter is and ask them why they haven't arranged any public transport to the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,393 ✭✭✭✭zell12

425a goes by every ~4h. Otherwise it is a 3km walk to the 409 which runs every ten minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grogsy

How do you find out the promoter? Ticketmaster is selling the tickets - does that make them the promoter?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭deeks

Looks like MCD are promoting.

You would imagine they will have a transport plan in place which will be publicised prior to the events.

• Advertisement

I got a reply from MCD: This year will be our first year in Galway airport, so there’s no historic info on it as a site yet. Transport links are expected, and when there’s an option to book these, and general further information, we’ll let bookers know. You can expect this over the next month or two.

Advertisement