Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mikasa gloves

Options
  • 19-02-2024 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Anyone know where u could obtain a pair of Mikasa gloves these days? They're not made any more, but there must be thousands of them knocking about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭JVince

Brings back memories. My first job was a sales rep for Channel Distribution (1987) and Mikasa was one of their lines. Sold tons of them to local sports shops all over the country.

If its the little rubber dimples on the glove that you are looking for, lidl actually have a gardening glove this week and have those dimples.

But for original Mikasa it's probably adverts/donedeal that would be the best place to keep an eye on. But if around the country, maybe check any local sports/drapery shops. I remember one good customer was Stanleys in Clifden and Salmons in Ballinasloe were another - both had small sports areas with the gum shields, leg guards etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Wait, i think that company didn't make it through Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭thefa

Say you’ll have a hard time getting them these days. Remember seeing those ones linked above and they’re basically normal modern gloves with the old Mikasa style yellow and black on the outside.

I wasn’t actually a fan of Mikasa. They used to be go very soggy and lose shape easy enough. Good nostalgia though.

Advertisement